Sharing information with us, enable us to make our Services even better. Using our services will make you clear on how we are using information and the ways in which you can protect your policy.
- Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act”);
- Rule 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011 and;
- Rule 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (“SPDI Rules”).
- Information collected.
- Method of collection and use of information.
- How You can provide information selectively, and how You can access and update this information; and
- Method of processing, sharing and protecting your information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND METHOD OF COLLECTION
We collect the following types of information about You, through Our Platform:
- Demographic Information
- Behavioral Information,
- Indirect Information, (as defined below, and collectively, “Information”).
- And Personal Information (as defined below) from You.
Demographic Information : Collecting of information from you, which is not unique to You and refers to selected population characteristics including age, gender, location and occupation.
Behavioral Information : Collecting of information about how You use the Platform and information about Your electronic device and software that is used for accessing the Platform, including usage statistics, Your IP address, locations, browser and operating system type, traffic data, domain names, access times, transaction information and payment and browsing history, Your previous orders and transactions including the product and pricing details.
Indirect Information: Use of certain third party services by you on the platform also requires us to collect such information as is considered necessary for that purpose (“Indirect Information”).
While we may collect Demographic Information, Behavioral Information and Indirect Information when You access or use Our Platform, and We only collect Personal Information from You, when You choose to use or avail of Our Services. Additionally, If You register on our the Platform through Your account on any social media platform, We may collect Your user ID or user name and any other information You have permitted in the social media platform to share with us specifically or any other third party. You also consent to us for collection of information that has been made publicly available through the social media platform by you.
Personal Information: In order to avail of or use Our Services, You are required to provide Us with Your personal information, including but not limited to: Your name; date of birth; email address; mobile number; user name and password created by You. (collectively, “Personal Information”).
The IT Act and the SPDI Rules shall regulate the usage, collection, retention and disclosure of personal information, which is defined under the SPDI Rules as any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
The SPDI Rules further define “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” (“SPDI”) of a person as personal information about that person relating to:
- passwords; financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details; physical, physiological and mental health condition; sexual orientation; medical records and history; biometric information; any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to the body corporate for providing services; and Any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
Further, you agree that all Personal Information is voluntarily provided to us. Collection, use and disclosure of SPDI will require your express consent. By providing us with the Personal Information, You are providing us with your consent to our use, collection and disclosure of the Personal Information.
You may choose to not provide us with or withdraw any or all the information included under Personal Information, but in such event, We will not be able to provide You with Our Services.
Separately, you also understand and acknowledge that search engines such as google.com and archive.com, not affiliated with MEL, may archive or otherwise make available information posted on the Platform.
Use of Information
Your Information will be used for the following purposes:
- To operate and improve the Platform in order to foster a positive User experience and for business improvement as a whole;
- Analyzing data, building algorithms, tracking trends, recommendations engines, creating databases for rating systems, etc.;
- For non-targeting reasons such as frequency capping, billing, compliance, ad reporting or delivery, market research or product development purposes;
- To conduct quality assessment procedures and audits; and
- To analyze the use of our resources, troubleshooting problems and improving Our Services, by using the information regarding your electronic device and software.
In addition to the above, Your Information and Personal Information shall also be used for the following purposes:
- For providing Our Services to You;
- For complying with applicable law;
- To contact Users for offering new products or services;
- To respond to any queries raised by you, and to communicate information to You, including notifications of any promotions or alerts, any updates to the Platform to you, or the introduction of any future fees or charges that We may collect at the time for the provision of Our Services to You; and
- Contacting You from time to time to record Your valuable feedback on Our Services, as they currently stand, and/or any potential Services that may be offered in the future;
(Collectively, the above constitute “the Purposes”).
If You wish to opt out of receiving any non-essential communications such as promotional and marketing-related information regarding the Services, please email us at email@example.com.
We shall disclose Your Information including Personal Information, as the case may be to third parties in the below specified manner :
- Conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- Protect Our rights or property or Our affiliated companies;
- Prevent a crime or protect national security; or
- Protect the personal safety of Users or the public.
Third parties may include:
- Our associates, affiliates or related entities; and
Third Party Links
The Platform may include hyperlinks to various external websites or platform including platforms for processing your payments, which may require you to disclose Your Information (“Third Party Links”). You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any collection or disclosure of your information by any external sites, applications, companies or persons thereof.
You further acknowledge and agree that We are not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by You as a result of the collection and/or disclosure of Your information via Third Party Links, as a result of any reliance placed by You on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products services, or other materials on, or available via such Third Party Links. This will include all transactions, and information transmitted therein, between you and any such third party sites or applications or resources, such transactions are strictly bi-partite. We shall not be held liable for any disputes arising from or in connection with such transactions between you and the aforementioned third parties.
Changes to Your Information
You may review, update, correct, change or delete Your Personal Information on the Platform by just Logging into Your Account and you will be able to access and update Your Personal Information. You can delete any part of the Personal Information or request us to delete Your Personal Information, and we will comply with such requests within a reasonable time, unless it is required to keep certain information for complying with applicable law.
We shall reserve the right to authenticate and verify your identity and Your Personal Information in order to ensure accurate delivery of Services. Access to or correction, updating or deletion of Your Personal Information may be denied or limited by Us if it would violates another person’s rights and/or is not otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Security of Your Information
We Endeavour to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to protect Your Information against loss, misuse, damage, copying or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure. The security measures adopted by us are:
We shall review Our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to refrain from unauthorized access to systems; and
We shall restrict access to Personal Information, to Our employees and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for Us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations, and may be disciplined or whose relationship with Us may terminate if they fail to meet these obligations.
Company Administrator shall know your username and your password. Adequate protection shall be provided by you to prevent against unauthorized access to Your password and Your username. We shall not be liable for any unauthorised use of Your Account, username and password. If You suspect any unauthorized use of Your Account, the same shall be immediately notifies to us by mailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org. You shall be liable to indemnify Us due to any loss suffered by Us due to such unauthorized use of Your Account or password.
Further, We shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond Our reasonable control including but not limited to acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service or telephone service of the User, etc.
Retention of Information
We will also put in place measures such that Your Personal Information, which is in Our possession or under Our control, is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the Purpose for which that Personal Information was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such Personal Information; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other reason.
If You wish to cancel Your account, or if you want us to not to use your personal information any longer to provide You Services, contact Us at email@example.com.
On withdrawal of consent or cancellation of account we shall discontinue to provide our services, or obligate us to terminate any existing relationship that We may have with You. It shall be noted that uninstalling the Platform will not result in termination of Your use of the Platform or Services.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
As a User of the Platform, You shall understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for Your use of the Platform, the internet generally, and the information You post or access and for Your conduct on and off the Platform.
You agree and undertake to indemnify Us in any suit or dispute by any third party arising out of disclosure of information by You to third parties either through Our Platform or otherwise and Your use and access of websites, applications and resources of third parties by you. We shall not be liable for any actions of third parties with regard to Your Information or Personal Information which You may have disclosed to such third parties.
Grievance Officer and contact information
In accordance with the IT Act and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are as follows: