(i) collecting information about Your activities on the Platform;
(ii) to store Your preferences and give You a personalized experience;
(iii) Compiling anonymous aggregated statistics;
(iv) to store information about Your browsing preferences;
(v) to enable advertisement delivery and behavioral advertising; and
(vi) to enable security features and assist Us in detecting malicious activity on the Platform.
While most web browsers/mobile settings are initially set up to automatically accept cookies, it will also give You the option of controlling cookies through their respective settings preferences. At all times, You may refuse all cookies on Your mobile application, internet browser and/or any other platform you may use to access Our Platform and Services by changing your mobile/internet browser/platform settings to the extent permissible on Your device. However, by doing so, You may not be able to use certain features on the Platform, Our Services may not be able to take full advantage of all the offerings and interest-based advertising. You can remove cookies by following directions provided in your application’s/browser’s “help” file.
Types of Cookies
The Platform uses two types of cookies: (i) Session cookies; and (ii) Persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on Your device until You close the browser/application or for as long as the session is active. Persistent cookies remain on Your device until You manually delete Your cookies or its’ expiry, whichever is later. Expiration dates are set within the cookies and may range from a few minutes to several years.
The Platform may also use other types of cookies including:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are necessary for Users to navigate through the Platform and for Us to be able to provide Our Services;
- Performance/Analytics cookies: These cookies help improve the performance of the Platform through tracking of activities such as the areas visited, time spent on the Platform and issues encountered, if any;
- Preference cookies: These cookies store Your preferences such as language preference, volume preference, etc. and prevent You from re-entering information You have previously provided in order to personalize and enhance Your user experience;
- Targeting/Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to provide content which is relevant, or of interest, to You. They may be used to provide targeted advertisement based on the websites You visit, the contents You view and the time spent on each of the websites. Please note, many of the advertising cookies associated with our Platform belong to Our third party service providers such as Google Analytics and Mixpanel; and
- Session Management cookies: These cookies are enabled for login management and session transition across the Platform. Usually, these cookies are deleted once You log out, however, in some cases they may remain after You log out to keep track of Your site preferences. This prevents the need to re-enter information You had already provided during Your last visit.
We may also use PHP scripting to capture Cookies which means we may use browser cookies which are temporarily stored in Your system to understand Your browsing behavior. Such cookies are stored in your system and not transferred outside it and will get deleted upon Your clearing all cookies from Your browser.
Web Beacons and other Technologies
Web beacons are graphic images with unique identifiers that are embedded invisibly on web pages or emails to help us understand our Users better. They often work in conjunction with cookies. While You do not have the option to opt out of web beacons used in webpages, you may limit their use by opting out of the cookies they interact with. However, You may opt out of web beacons used in emails by sending emails in text mode only. We also use local storage to facilitate specific functions such data will not be retained.
Like cookies, some of the technologies such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL)may store small amounts of data on Your device. We may use these and various other technologies for similar purposes as cookies, such as to enforce Our terms and conditions, prevent malicious activities, and analyse the use of our Platform and Services. There are ways to control these technologies such as clearing the browser storage which is an option commonly available under the browser settings option.
Do Not Track (DNT)
The World Wide Web Consortium has been working with industry groups, Internet browsers, technology companies, and regulators to develop a DNT technology standard. No standard has been adopted till date. At present, We do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals.